Vera Lin Layman
Republican Commissioner of Elections

Send Email


James Wahls
Democratic Commissioner of Elections

Send Email


1062 State Route 38
PO Box 306
Owego, NY 13827

Main Phone:

District Maps

Interactive maps of Tioga County's local legislative, school, fire, state legislative, and US congressional districts may be found in the GIS Maps tool.

Submit Party Enrollment Changes by Feb 14th

Last Updated: 2/2/2023

In accordance with NYS Election Law, if you wish to change your party enrollment in time for the 2023 Primary Elections, the Board of Elections must receive your registration form by February 14th. Any enrollment change request received after February 14th will not take effect until July 5, 2023 (even if they were postmarked on or before Feb. 14th). 

Remember that in New York State, if you wish to vote in a Primary Election, you must be an enrolled member of the political party for which the Primary is being held. There are currently four constituted parties in New York State:

Democratic (DEM)
Republican (REP)
Conservative (CON)
Working Families (WOR)

You can change your party enrollment by submitting to us a voter registration form in person or by mail at:

Tioga County Board of Elections
1062 State Route 38
P.O. Box 306
Owego, NY 13827

You can also change your enrollment at the DMV in person (56 Main St, Owego, NY 13827), or online at if you have a NYS DMV-issued Driver's License, Permit, or non-driver ID. *Note that any party enrollment change filed with the DMV on or after February 14th this year will not be received by the Board of Elections in time to take effect before the Primaries. Enrollment changes filed with the DMV must be done on February 13th or earlier to be timely.

If you have any questions, please call us at (607) 687-8261.