The Tioga Career Center provides customer-driven employment services to both businesses and people in the Tioga County area.
The Tioga Career Center is open Monday - Friday
Call 607-687-8500 for information on services and agencies located in the Center
WIOA/Dept of Labor: job search assistance: resume, applications, job referrals. Training/education information and assistance. Referrals to other agencies and community resources. Unemployment information, assistance and mandated appointments. (note: most unemployment claim issues can be handled by phone with us)
Partner agencies currently providing in person services:
T.A.L.L.- Tioga Adult Learning Lab. Providing computer skills training, assistance with resumes, on line applications (Mon -Thurs by appointment)
United Healthcare- providing information and assistance in applying for NY State of Health insurance plans for individuals and families
GST BOCES GED Class (Mon & Wed 1pm-4:30pm)
ACCES-VR - Thursdays only. Call 607-721-8400 to set up an appointment.
Workforce Center staff are available from 8:30am-4:30pm by calling 607-687-8504 or by using the Send Email button located at the top-left of the page.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: RESOURCE ROOM in person visits are from 9am to 4:30pm
FOR UPDATES: follow us on fb at Tioga Career Center
No events currently scheduled.
The Tioga Career Center provides a variety of seamless customer-driven employment services to both businesses, and people seeking jobs in the greater Tioga County area.
Services Offered Through:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA)- a federal grant program
- NYS Department of Labor
Services Offered With Partner Agencies:
- Cornell Cooperative Extension- WIOA Youth Program
- GST BOCES- GED classes Mon & Wed
- NYS Department of Labor Veteran Services
- ACCES-VR (formerly VESID)
- T.A.L.L.- Tioga Adult Learning Lab
- Dept of Social Services TANF program
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM: Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) and NYS Department of Labor
- ORIENTATION: to services available through the Workforce Development System.
- RESOURCE ROOM: for job search purposes- computers with internet access, printers, fax, copier, telephone
- RESUME: preparation assistance and critique
- UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE ASSISTANCE: in filing and contacting UI for assistance, mandatory appointments held here
- HOT JOBS BOARD: current list of jobs in Tioga and surrounding area posted on board
- WIOA YOUTH PROGRAM: provided through Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Assistance in assessing skill levels, aptitudes and abilities
- List of local eligible training providers
- Retraining opportunities through Classroom or On the Job Training (OJT)- dependent upon available funding
- Job search assistance
- Labor market information
- Information related to local occupations in demand
- Referrals to community services- including child care assistance, transportation, social services, etc
- Assistance in determining eligibility for various programs
- TIOGA ADULT LEARNING LAB (T.A.L.L.): open computer lab instruction- learn at your own pace
- By appointment only. Call 607-687-8504 to schedule.
- HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY CLASSES (GED): 3 locations in Tioga County:
- OWEGO at the Tioga Career Center Health and Human Services Building Rt 38
- Mon & Wed 1pm-4pm Provider: GST (Greater Southern Tier) BOCES
- WAVERLY at the Valley Presbyterian Church 459 Park Ave
- Tues & Thurs 9am-12pm Provider: GST (Greater Southern Tier) BOCES
- VAN ETTEN at Van Etten Town Hall 6 Gee St
- Tues 4pm-7pm Provider: GST (Greater Southern Tier) BOCES
- Employee Recruitment and Retention Assistance
- Application Assistance- Taking & Screening
- Job Orders- Assistance with creation and posting
- Pre-Assessments of Applicants
- Skill Upgrading of Current Workforce
- On-the-Job Training of New Workers
- Veteran’s Services
- Closure/Layoff Assistance